It was a fairly productive week at Casa Smallwood. No painting, sorting or building got done, but we kept busy. Here’s the haps:
- Liz learned that she’ll get her braces off at her next orthodontist appointment (about six weeks). I’ll post some before and after pictures. It’s been an amazing transformation.
- Jack scheduled his second knee replacement for February 18. I pray this one goes as well as the first has.
- I officially have a diagnosis of Graves’ disease, one of the most common (average), easily treatable thyroid problems going. I’m choosing the kill-it-quick treatment of a R131 pill. That sounded better to me than handfuls of pills for years. Questions? Comments?
- Jack and Thomas went to the annual RA camp planning meeting in Dallas this weekend. He came back energized and ready to play. Most of his excitement centered on activities with our kids rather than RAs; I’ll take it!
- While the boys were gone, the girls and I watched the entire Sullivan series of Anne of Green Gables movies. I’ve read L.M. Montgomery’s first book but I’m gonna re-read it and the rest of the series is definitely going on my goodreads.com to-read list.
- Office-mate Teresa and I hammered out our 2014 calendars yesterday. There’s a delicate balance between long weekend and holiday vacation requests, but I think we handle it pretty well. I hope we can accomplish all the fun things we’ve taken off work for!