If you’ve been keeping up with our God’s Girls blog you’ll know that we began studying prayer this week. Nothing could have better convinced me this is a timely (or God inspired) topic than my phone conversations from last night and the news this morning. The prayer journal I made with the girls Wednesday night out of construction paper and yarn, is full. My heart is both heavy for my loved ones and their situations and soaring with praise and thankfulness for our relatively calm existence.
Today as you go about getting ready for the weekend or packing for that Spring Break trip, please say a special prayer for:
- A wife and mother struggling with issues of infidelity, health and suicide,
- A church family exhausted and working to do the right thing,
- A school administrator with no concept of boundaries and a school in need of leadership,
- A 16 year old’s chronic illness,
- A missionary family who, with an entire country, is devastated by natural disaster,
- A single mom’s effort to reclaim both her property and charge of her life, and
- A husband and father facing major health decisions.
James 5:13-16 says
Is anyone among you suffering? Then he must pray. Is anyone cheerful? He is to sing praises. Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him. Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.