So February is calendaring out to be a pretty intentionally chaotic month in this Madcap Year. In amongst teeth cleanings and 4H project meetings, we have a birthday sleepover and an extended family meal planned, the Third Annual Girls Getaway scheduled, and the first commitment to our new business venture organized. Our weekend was a good example of mixing the madcap with the mundane. Here’s a brief recap:
- Jack and I kicked things off with a Date Night. Jack was in charge of this one and he did a delicious job of presenting a steak dinner on a beautiful tablesetting created with the help of our girls. Unforgettable!
- After a relaxing morning gathering supplies and the return of our children from a night at Aunt Sherans, Jack and Thomas finished building our new Christmas tree box. I’m so excited! The box is a permanent replacement for the completely ruined cardboard box the tree originally came in and will contain any tree we might buy in the future. It’s perfectly fitted to the storage space and has wheels for easy movement. So ingenious!
- While the boys worked on the box, the girls and I cleared the front flower beds of winter debris. It’s so exciting to see all the green! We have daffodils, iris and day lilies pushing through and should have blooms in 6 weeks or so. This year we’re finally letting the front flower beds mature as-is and I’m excited to start filling a shade bed around the back patio. It’s gonna be so pretty!
- We also managed to make it to church where I had a long overdue conversation with bff. I’ve got to get better at intentional interaction! Once again I’ve let my friendship flounder due to lack of communication. I feel that more so after reading Whimzie’s post on 5%. Bff is definitely part of my 5%.
- Finally, we relaxed with a little Phineas and Ferb. What better way to end a weekend?